At Horizon Home Care we have vacancies for full time and part time Support Workers to join our team to support our service users who have learning disabilities in their own homes in Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch.
You will be supporting adults in their own home with profound learning disabilities, physical needs and limited mobility. This role involves a variety of duties such as assisting with day to day living and full personal care. Additionally accessing the community by car or public transport, the role of a Support Worker could involve activities such as swimming, shopping, and attending local events! The position would therefore suit a proactive and confident individual who is physically fit as moving and handling is involved, including hoisting.
Full training and support will be given including specialist in-depth training
Experience is not essential as full training and support will be given
- A calm, adaptable, enthusiastic and organised person
- Be a fun caring person who can adapt to the different customers support needs
- Be a committed individual who also has good communication skills and the ability to communicate in different ways.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team with customers, their families, colleagues and other professionals in a proactive manner
- To have a range of skills that can be transferred to a number of situations
- Flexibility with working hours and shift patterns
For more information on joining our friendly and supportive team, please Vicky on 01202 737456 or email email@example.com
You can also keep up to date on our latest vacancies via our Facebook page: